From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-4844 Not giving measured values in NI-OSI Explorer

SUCCESS!

So after playing with the threshold values, I was still not having any luck. Then I noticed just how sharp the peakes were, and wondered if the default peak width setting for "minimum width at level" was too large at 0.1 nm. So I adjusted them all to 0.01 nm and everything appears to be working perfectly.

Thanks a lot for your help. I have to say though, the NI literature on configuring sensors is woefully inadequate, as demonstrated by this case. No mention is made about what to do if a sensor doesnt instantly appear, and it cost me quite a bit of time. I had already called Ni and spoke to engineers over the phone, and together we decided that the product must be faulty, and should be sent in for repair.

I know that none of that was your fault, but I would try to pass this info along, were I in your position. I really appreciate the help.

Best,

Justin

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(737 Views)

Hi Justin,

Glad to hear you were able to get the sensors recognized. And I appreciated the feedback regarding the current state of our documentation.

The NI-OSI documentation assumes that the measurement from a sensor provides a well defined peak. As such the documentation focuses on configuring the detection settings in order to identify the peaks/sensors and providing measurement type/scaling details. The following pages from the NI-OSI Explorer Help can be used as an outline for those processes:

-Setting Peak Detection

-Peak Detection Examples

-Configuring Sensors

-Configuration Examples

I hope that these links will be helpful to users that come by this forum in the future.

I do believe there is room for improvement in our documentation specifically for cases where the sensor is not providing the expected peak. Perhaps in the future we can provide a hardware troubleshooting guide for these instances.

Thanks,

Jake Bartholomew
NI R&D - PSE

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(712 Views)