cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe 4141 SMU - measure or fetch multiple channels with DCPower

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,
I'm getting started with a PXIe-4141 SMU (on LV 2018).
While measuring a single channel works fine, using multiple channels fails as some properties can't be set if a session contains more than 1 channel. Looking at some multi-channel examples for NI DCPower, they use a seemingly cumbersome master/slave configuration. Is there no simple way to setup all 4 channels with one common session and measure/fetch a fixed number of points? 

I would assume that this is one of the most common workflows with the SMU, to define the number of points (this property can't be set for all channels at once) and then sense all channels. How do you use the measure multiple channels vi, as I did not see it used in an example? Sorry I don't have my current code attached as it's not easy to get it out of the lab. Any help or pointer in the right direction would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Sebastoa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,609 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lv_alias

Hi Sebastoa,

Have you checked out the NI-DCPower Simultaneous Operations example?  It shows how to use the Measure Multiple.vi.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,573 Views)

Hi Luke,
thanks, I missed that example, was looking at the synchronous examples instead.
What I didn't realize is that the 'init with channels' doesn't need channel(s) passed (the names kinda suggest it does), now the flow really makes sense.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,567 Views)