From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI controller can't detect any PXI cards

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I am using PXI 8133 controller on PXIe-1078 chassis as shown below, with 3 PXIe and 2 PXI cards. PXI Setup.JPG

For some reason NI Max only shows PXIe chassis and controller under remote system=> Devices and interface. And doesn't detect rest of the slots. Any help on how to debug this issue or direction is much appreciated.MXI HW.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,146 Views)

Have you tried updating the chassis firmware?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,114 Views)

Thanks Paul for replying back. No I didn't, let me update the chassis and I will post my findings. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,096 Views)

I looked for NI PXIe 1078 chassis firmware in NI support, products and on google but couldn't find it. Do you know from where can I get it?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,090 Views)

I looked for NI PXIe 1078 chassis firmware in NI support, products and on google but couldn't find it. Do you know from where can I get it?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,082 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author omkara2233

There was driver version mismatch between my host computer and PXI controller. I fixed this issue by updating NIDaq mx and NI Real Time module on PXI controller. 

Message 6 of 7
(3,054 Views)

Hi there, Do you have any .ini file or driver for PXI1078? I tried to search online and did not get any software.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(809 Views)