From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI RT crash, exception code: 0xC0000005

Our RT application has been periodically crashing with exception code 0xC0000005. I've attached the RT's most recent error log, which I could use some help interpreting. Is there a way this log file can help me trace exactly where in the code the exception is occurring? From doing some web searches, I learned that this exception is an access violation. In which case it may be worth noting that, from log files the application was making internally, I know that the memory usage on the RT had not changed significantly since the RT was started approximately 36 hours prior to the crash.

Message 1 of 2
(2,502 Views)

That exception code is commonly seen when File I/O operations are done within a Timed Loop. I would make sure that all File I/O operations are done within a regular Loop. 

The log can aid in finding the problem but is only very helpful when it is submitted into our log system. When the option to send the Log to NI please do so and then post the Mini Dump ID so that we can take a look and see if it correlates with other logs.  

Please first check the File I/O and let us know if you find the problem. If you can not find the problem please recreate it and submit the log when it asks. 

Alex D
Systems Engineer
Academic Research
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,467 Views)