LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI Digital Input and Ouput

Hello,

I have a PXI 6515 digital IO card and a PCI 6527 digital IO card on another computer. I have to do digital handshaking between these two computers. My question is can I connect directly from the digital input connector block of one card to the digital output conector block of another card and vice versa? If I cannot do what are all the possible solutions? If one is sink and other is source can I connect them directly or do I need use a signal conditioning between the cards no matter what kind of digital IO cards they are? I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Mudda.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,648 Views)
Hey Mudda,

Since both the PXI-6515 and PCI-6527 have static timing, you will need to handle the handshaking in software.  But other than that, there should be no difficulty in setting up handshaking between these two cards since they use the same logic (24 V).

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Erik
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,641 Views)

Hello Erik,

Thanks for the reply, my concern was PXI 6515 has sink outputs and PCI 6527 inputs were also sink. Can I connect these two together using connector blocks with out any signal conditioning?

Mudda.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,621 Views)
Hey Mudda,

You may have to figure out the logic, but you should be able to connect those outputs and inputs together without damaging either board.

Regards,
Erik
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,607 Views)