From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 6683H

First, please open the following web.
http://www.ni.com/tutorial/53115/en/.
When I went to step 4 based on this post,I met a question.
I did not find the Oscillator and  PXI_Clk10 in the source.I also did not find the ClkOut and  BoardClk in the Destination.
Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,185 Views)

Hi,

Did you complete the step below?

Single-Board Disciplining with the PXI-6683H: Since the PXI-6683H is a hybrid card and does not fit in the timing slot of the chassis, it cannot override the chassis’ backplane directly. Instead, you will need to externally cable the disciplined on-board oscillator of the PXI-6683H to the 10 MHz Ref In connector on the chassis. (Consult your chassis’ user manual to ensure your chassis has a 10 MHz Ref In). To do this, complete the following steps:

• Using an SMB to BNC cable, connect the CLKOUT terminal of the PXI-6683H to the 10 MHz Ref In of the chassis.
  • Either in the Routing tab of a MAX test panel or by using the niSync Connect Clock Terminals VI in LabVIEW, make the following routes:
    • Source: Oscillator; Destination: ClkOut
    • Source: PXI_Clk10; Destination: BoardClk

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,149 Views)

That doesn't fix it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(500 Views)

Hi,

The NI-sync API has two similar name VIs.

The article is using the former. So, you might want to check that.

Regards,

-Tyler

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(480 Views)

I guess I'm misunderstood.  I don't have access to Labview.  How do you get the Oscillator and CLKOUT to show up in the NIMAX test panels.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(444 Views)