LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-6289 RT PID Controller Using M-Series Device

Hi,

I'm running a PID-controller to limit the temperature to within 4 - 8 deg Celcius. A new PWM signal will be updated every now and then with a new duty cycle to control the temperature according to the desired setpoint. This PWM signal will be written into the PXI 6289 board through the output pin which will be connected to the MOSFET to turn on/off the cooling system. However, I have a few ambiguities here:

1. Which pin at the PXI 6289 shall I configure to receive my counter output signal with the new updated duty cycle? This pin will be wired externally to the MOSFET to turn the cooling system on and off. Currently, it is left unwired as I'm unsure of the pin to output my PWM signals to.

2. The PXI-6289 is connected to Connector 1 on my PC, should Connecter 0 be used to output my PWM signals instead? I looked through the device pinouts and realized that only Connector 0 has default counter output capabilities. 

3. My VI is modified from the PWM-Counter.vi in the Real Time Examples provided by LabVIEW. Is there any configurations that should be changed for my reading/writing portion of my VI?

Thank you so much for the help in advance. Smiley Happy

Yen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,721 Views)