From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 6239 counter

Hi,
     I have PXI-6239 card , i have many query on this card .Does this card requires any external voltage for counter input and timer output .I am not able to read timer output i have done a code for this everthing is correct eventhough i am not reading any frequency but in the multimeter it shows overloaded but i have given input as just 10 HZ. And also i have dount on digital output i have conneccted the external circuit as shown in the user manual but here also same problem that i am not reading any voltage.Could any one clarify about this
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,192 Views)

Hello AutoTec,

You do not need to connect an external source to your counter.  There are a few counter examples that are shipped with LabVIEW and will measure a digital frequency.  (Hardware Input and Output >> DAQmx >> Counter Measurements >> Digital Frequency >> Meas Dig Frequency-Low Freq 1Ctr.vi)  Connect your signal (10Hz signal) to the gate (Pin 32 or PFI 1) on the counter. 

Pin 32 can be used for a PFI line, P0.1 digital input line or a counter gate line.  If you use this pin for your counter application, you can not use as a PFI or digital line.

Respectfully,

Rob F
Test Engineer
Condition Measurements
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,181 Views)