From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-5421 PFI Event Pulse

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an arbitrary waveform output during which I need to generate an event output on the PFI outputs between user-defined samples.  I thought I had managed this using niFgen "Event Pulse" however this appears limited to a maximum pulse time of 64 samples and I need to generate pulses a lot longer than this.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,852 Views)

Hi pveaston,

Would Marker Events be suitable? These generate a pulse on a PFI line for a specific offset count from the start of the waveform. The 5421 supports up to 4 Marker events as trigger output.

You can set the pulse width of the Marker Event in clock periods or seconds using the Events:Marker:Pulse:Width Value Property. If you still need to increase the pulse width see How Can I Make the Marker Event Pulse Width Longer in NI-FGEN?

Further info in
Output Triggers and Events section of Advanced Waveform Sequencing and Triggering on Arbitrary Waveform Generators

Events section (p2.81 onwards) in NI PXIe-5450 User Manual (also includes specs on the 5421)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,809 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pveaston

Hi and thanks

The Events:Marker:Pulse:Width Value Property was limited to 64 samples, I have used a script with the marker set to toggle to get the length I required however I now need to work out if I can use a control to vary the marker0 positions within the script.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,799 Views)