From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-4472 aCQUISITION PROBLEM

Hi All,,

I have few questions on PXI-4472.I have a PXI 4472 card which is used in my application either to read sound or vibration(accelerometer) signals. Right now i am not having accelerometer or microphone to feed input but in my application i have configured as microphone and  accelerometer with 50k sampling rate.So how can i check my code .

I tried to feed signal through Function generator with 10khz signal but i couldnt read any data and no error also. I have made a small code just to check for 1channel.

1. Can i feed a DC signal for the code i have done.If so i should not give excition current and not enable IEPE.correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,528 Views)

It sounds like you are on the right track. If you don't actually have a sensor, you can just wire in you function generator, but make sure you disable IEPE. You don't have to turn off AC coupling, as long as your function generator is actually generating a dynamic signal. If you have trouble, there are a number of examples that should work with your hardware.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,516 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I didnt found any examples but in NI site i found few but all are in traditional Daq I am using DAQmx 8.7. I tried with the same configuration by disabling the IEPE but still i am not getting any output. I have attached the code which i am using. Let me known if i am wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,499 Views)

Hi

How can we make the IEPE option disable is there any propety node or, the option in MAX is enough to disable the IEPE.

Regards
Aks

(Appreciate answers by giving KUDOS)
Hit the stars.............. sky is not the limit.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,496 Views)

Hi,

To enable the IEPE you can go through the link.Hope this helps you.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,481 Views)

There is a big difference between Traditional DAQ and DAQmx. Stick with DAQmx if you can (and you can with a 4472).

Take a look at this example:

Chris 

Message Edited by C. Minnella on 10-29-2008 10:28 AM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,470 Views)