From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PWM Measuring with ANALOG INPUT (NI-9205).

Hi 

Is it possible to use ANALOG INPUT (NI-9205) for PWM frequency measurements?

Thanks,

Yonatan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(1,942 Views)

The short answer is yes, however, you will have to take some things into account:

• How fast is the PWM signal.
  • Do you need more than one channel (is the a QUAD encoder)
  • Can you write the code to do the PWM processing

Are you using the NI-9205 because you have it or are you thinking of buying it? If you have it and you are trying to use what you have then it can be done to a point. If you have not purchased this card there are better ways to do PWM measurement.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(1,907 Views)

Hi TIM

Thanks for your replay.

• How fast is the PWM signal  =>  0-1kHz
  • Do you need more than one channel => I'm using more channels but not for PWM measurements (for Voltage input).
  • Can you write the code to do the PWM processing => This is a simulation and I want to produce the PWM from the software the truth is that I encountered some difficulties and I am not sure what to use... I am using Analog output NI-9623 (I also have NI-9269) and than I tried Square waveform.vi, Square wave.vi, Square wavePtbyPt.vi. With Square wave.vi I can see the wave in the INDICATOR that displays  x-y graph but then it cannot be connected to the AO from some reason.

Are you using the NI-9205 because you have it or are you thinking of buying it? 

Actually, I have also NI-9221, NI-9203, NI-9361, NI-9223, and NI 9215.

I do not really know who is best to use.

I would be happy for a recommendation on this subject.

Thanks,

Yonatan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(1,882 Views)

Hi

I was able to obtain the module NI- 9403, DIO.
I want to produce the PWM from the software. I tried Square waveform.vi, Square wave.vi, Square wavePtbyPt.vi. I can see the waves in the INDICATOR that displays x-y graph but how can it be "wired" to the AO module?.
I also tried from programming => Waveform=> Digital Wfm to coonect the AO but with no succees.
The input of the module is true or false...

Thanks,
Yonatan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(1,833 Views)

Hi yonatan,

you forgot to attach your VI and so we cannot tell you, what you did wrong in your code...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(1,829 Views)

Hi

I am using cRIO 9035.

I have the NI- 9403, DIO module.
I need to produce PWM wave. I tried to use Square waveform.vi, Square wave.vi, Square wavePtbyPt.vi. which I have found in the examples. I can see the waves in the INDICATORs that displays x-y graph but how can it be "wired" to the AO module?.
I also tried from programming => Waveform=> Digital Wfm to connect the AO but with no success.
The input of the module accepting only True or False...

Thanks,
Yonatan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(1,841 Views)

well the 9403 is a DIGITAL IO module! program PWM in the fpga if you can. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(1,823 Views)

Hi rivlin,

instead of creating double posts/threads you should answer the questions given to you...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(1,819 Views)

Hi 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(1,771 Views)

Hi

What is the best way to generate and read PWM signal?

I have DI and DO modules

I am using the cRIO 9035 and the frequency is 0-1000Hz.

Thanks

Yonatan

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,753 Views)