From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUTTING THREE VI'S TOGETHER

Hi,
I am trying to put THREE VI's together. One is actuator+serialport force measurement VI. The second one is a PWM VI. The third is FREQUENCY MEASUREMENT.VI. Since I cannot sent three VI's together, I am sending the POST three times.

This is what they are suppose to do!

1. Move the actuator up by about 1mm.
2. Change the duty cycle from 0 to 0.1.
3. Wait for 10 seconds
4. Take the force measurement.
5. Take the frequency measurement
6. Change the duty cycle from 0.1 to 0.2
7. Wait for 10 seconds.
8. Take the Force measurements.
9. Take the frequency measurements.
10. Repeat until the duty cycle goes to 1.0.
11. Wait for 10 seconds.
12. Change the duty cycle from 1.0 to 0.9.
13. Repeat everything until the duty cycle reaches 0.
14. Move the actuator up by another 1mm.
15. Repeat everything until stepper has reached 30 mm.
16. Repeat for down movement until the actuator until reaches original position.

Hope someone can HELP!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,378 Views)
Hi,

This is my SECOND VI. It is the PWM.VI. I need to change the duty cycle!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,375 Views)
Hi,

This is my THIRD Vi. It is the MEASURE FREQUENCY VI. I hope someone can put the THREE vi's together.

Can anyone put HUMPTY DUMTY Together?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,377 Views)
I would refer back to the programmer of your vi's if possible. The first vi you posted is not clear on how it moves an actuator and also has custom vi's that I can not open. I would recommend paring down your code into vi's that do specific tasks and then using those vi's as sub-vi's in a main program that does all the tasks you listed.

If you are unfamiliar with LabVIEW programming, there are a number of tutorials to help learn LabVIEW on NI's website. The following link provides a great resource for learning LabVIEW. Section II has specific information about sub-vi's.

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/learningcenter.nsf/03f7c60f17aad210862567a90054a26c/55974411828f779086256ce9007504bd
Message 4 of 5
(2,342 Views)
At some point, you're going to actually have to write some code yourself. I don't think it is appropriate to ask someone to do your job for you. I have yet to see anything from you that is not either a shipping example or code you've gotten from somewhere else. You need to spend some time learning the basics of LabVIEW. Simple things like making a VI callable as a subVI are covered in all of the tutorials that have been mentioned numerous times.
Message 5 of 5
(2,327 Views)