LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 Controller to a existing MyRio Project.

Hello there, as I am a beginner in Labview this question may sound quite stupid to some of you.
But I'm doing a project in University and I'm responsible for the Labview. Our project ist to create a "gripper arm" which we boost with Servos, DC and Steppers.
Our University created a MyRio Project for us to controle the motors. But we can only controle them with the Keyboard.
Is there a way, I can change the control to a PS3 controller without "writing" a new program. If I have to "write" a new program, how does this work?

Thanks in before,

bubblefarmer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,196 Views)

Hi,

Refer to the link https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-29627 where you will get detailed explanation on use of PS3 with LabVIEW and also the code to run the program. 

you can use this code and compare with your existing code and make sone minor changes so that your issue will be solved 

Kudos Welcome 🙂 

Certified-LabVIEW-Associate-Dev_rgb (2).jpg

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Best LabVIEW Programmer @NIDAYS 2015
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,177 Views)

Thank you very much for your answer 🙂

but I think your solution to adopt the small changes in code is much more difficult in reality.

I added to pictures, one of the block diagram of my existing project and the other one of the block diagram of the Ps3 Controles.
Is there a way I can just swap the intialization (keyboard to Ps3 Controller) ?

many thanks and sorry for being a beginner 😛

bubblefarmer

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,156 Views)

As is the way in programming, it is almost definitely not going to be as simple as you thought.

I am assuming that you cannot show the full code for the MyRIO project, but from the look of it there are likely a number of VIs where each one corresponds to the input from the keyboard/gamepad. So you will have to look into each of those subVIs and find a way to integrate the reading of the PS3 controller using the PS3 read subvi to generate a similar input.

In most instances it seems as if this will be as simple as reading the PS3 status and comparing the datatype with an expected input to see if the targeted button has been pressed.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,134 Views)

@bubblefarmer wrote:

Thank you very much for your answer 🙂

but I think your solution to adopt the small changes in code is much more difficult in reality.

I added to pictures, one of the block diagram of my existing project and the other one of the block diagram of the Ps3 Controles.
Is there a way I can just swap the intialization (keyboard to Ps3 Controller) ?

many thanks and sorry for being a beginner 😛

bubblefarmer

-------------------------No Pain NO Gain--------------------------------

You have to take some little step. you cannot expect everything to happen without any hardwork.

coming to the screen shot, nothing can be addressed if the Vi is not attached. Giving you a solution without seeing the code is really waste. hope you understand.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Best LabVIEW Programmer @NIDAYS 2015
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,115 Views)