LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROPERTY NODE FOR ARROW

HI ALL!!

1)I want to programmatically make an arrow appear/disappear.
But if I am selecting the arrow from decoration template in
front panel, that arrow is not having any property node.

2) Can I have remove border of a string indicator?
For frameless also, there is a boundary.
I need the message only.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,032 Views)
1. Yes decorations have properties, but it is a bit tricky getting to them. You have to first get a reference to the VI's front panel. That will give you access to an array of references to all the decorations on the front panel. However because decorations don't have labels it takes a bit of trial and error to determine which one you need to use.

2. Start with the plain text box on the classic control menu and turn the background and border transparent.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,015 Views)

To add a little bit to Mike’s comments –

You will have to find the arrow Decoration reference each time your program starts.

Search the Decoration reference array for a unique feature like: size or color.

Other options:

Custom button – transparent in one case and “arrow on transparent background” in the other case

Picture Ring – use if more than two images are needed

For your String question, the Classic Palette control is called Simple String (has no border).

Attached is a custom button example (LabVIEW 2013).

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,992 Views)

hi 

I have used a PREVIOUS BUTTON from SILVER controls pallette and have made the background of the button invisiable. you can see the attached example(LV 2014).

regards

senthil

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,989 Views)