LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPL expects library at wrong path, but no dependency

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a project which when loaded warns me that an item was loaded from an unexpected path.

A.lvproj contains A.lvlib, which depends on B.lvlibp.

B.lvlib{,p} has no knowledge of A.lvlib (that I can see).

When opening B.lvproj, containing B.lvlib, to build B.lvlibp, nothing related to A.lvlib appears in the dependencies.

When opening A.lvproj, I'm told that a private VI in B.lvlibp expected A.lvlib to be at a different (older) path. It was previously stored there.

If I create a blank project, and add B.lvlibp, then add A.lvlib, I get the "Resolve Load Conflict" window, which tells me that the new (correct) path is not expected by B.lvlibp, but I can load it. The other option doesn't exist (File not found - this is expected, because it isn't there...).

How does B.lvlibp care about the path of A.lvlib, when it has no (visible?) dependency on A.lvlib, A.lvproj or A.lvlibp (if built, but probably not important to this question)?

Rebuilding B doesn't give any additional clues. Adding debugging information and making all VIs public within the library also doesn't expand on "Private VI in packed library 'C:/blah/blah/B.lvlibp'" as an affected caller.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,104 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cbutcher

Opening the B.lvlib file in a text editor gave a clue.

A.lvlib is listed by (wrong) path as a Friended Library (not sure why, no community scope VIs, at least anymore).

Removing the Friend link in B.lvlib then rebuilding removes the conflict.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,102 Views)