LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPL / LVLIBP Build Spec Naming Conventions?

Ooops... I don't see this in the properties dialog Smiley Surprised

prj.png

I can try breaking this down.... need to spend some thoughts on how to do this properly...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,095 Views)

Regarding the Generic_UI_Controller.lvlib: is this the only sublibrary?

If yes, it is possible that the build script automatically adds this entry. Only the PanelClasses.lvlib is marked as toplevel....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,093 Views)

No it's not, there are three further ones...

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,084 Views)

Hi Norbert,

I think I have found the root cause (at least what I consider it to be)

I have compared both "malfunctioning" build specs to the working one

<Property Name="Destination[0].destName" Type="Str">PanelClasses.lvlibp</Property>
<Property Name="Destination[0].path" Type="Path">../Build/PanelClasses.lvlibp</Property>

<Property Name="Destination[0].destName" Type="Str">PanelClasses.lvlibp</Property>
<Property Name="Destination[0].path" Type="Path">../Build/Debug/Debug_PanelClasses.lvlibp_donotuse</Property>

If you manually extend the malfunctioning one to

<Property Name="Destination[0].path" Type="Path">../Build/Debug/PanelClasses.lvlibp</Property>

Everything works fine! So the question is, why this manual modification is neccessary....

Message 14 of 16
(1,032 Views)

I assume that the _donotuse extension addition was added after finding that the build script doesn't succeed.

So the focus is on the filename itself: Debug_PanelClasses vs. PanelClasses.

So what i wonder is:

a) Is the failure connected to underscores?

b) Is it about the length of the filename and/or path?

Anyways, i am surprised that the configuration basically didn't create the 'working' filename/path at all. I can imagine that it's some kind of hickup regarding the first tab of the build script (location selection).

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,028 Views)

Just tried to remove the underscores and re-save the project. LabVIEW will not add the PanelClasses.lvlibp token required.

Anyway we can call it hickup or bug. I can live with it as I have a workaround now.

Thanks for your help.

Oli

Message 16 of 16
(1,022 Views)