From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPL / LVLIBP Build Spec Naming Conventions?

Ooops... I don't see this in the properties dialog Smiley Surprised

prj.png

I can try breaking this down.... need to spend some thoughts on how to do this properly...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,088 Views)

Regarding the Generic_UI_Controller.lvlib: is this the only sublibrary?

If yes, it is possible that the build script automatically adds this entry. Only the PanelClasses.lvlib is marked as toplevel....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,086 Views)

No it's not, there are three further ones...

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,077 Views)

Hi Norbert,

I think I have found the root cause (at least what I consider it to be)

I have compared both "malfunctioning" build specs to the working one

<Property Name="Destination[0].destName" Type="Str">PanelClasses.lvlibp</Property>
<Property Name="Destination[0].path" Type="Path">../Build/PanelClasses.lvlibp</Property>

<Property Name="Destination[0].destName" Type="Str">PanelClasses.lvlibp</Property>
<Property Name="Destination[0].path" Type="Path">../Build/Debug/Debug_PanelClasses.lvlibp_donotuse</Property>

If you manually extend the malfunctioning one to

<Property Name="Destination[0].path" Type="Path">../Build/Debug/PanelClasses.lvlibp</Property>

Everything works fine! So the question is, why this manual modification is neccessary....

Message 14 of 16
(1,025 Views)

I assume that the _donotuse extension addition was added after finding that the build script doesn't succeed.

So the focus is on the filename itself: Debug_PanelClasses vs. PanelClasses.

So what i wonder is:

a) Is the failure connected to underscores?

b) Is it about the length of the filename and/or path?

Anyways, i am surprised that the configuration basically didn't create the 'working' filename/path at all. I can imagine that it's some kind of hickup regarding the first tab of the build script (location selection).

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,021 Views)

Just tried to remove the underscores and re-save the project. LabVIEW will not add the PanelClasses.lvlibp token required.

Anyway we can call it hickup or bug. I can live with it as I have a workaround now.

Thanks for your help.

Oli

Message 16 of 16
(1,015 Views)