From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNA Guided Calibration: GPIB write error in for loop

A very basic troubleshooting step would be to run NI-Spy and capture both the LabVIEW and VB series of commands. Have you done that?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(714 Views)

Nicolas,

Were you been able to run a data capture on the GPIB issue?  

If you are not familiar with NI-Spy you can have a look over this link for step by step assistance: http://ae.natinst.com/public.nsf/webPreview/8D890EC09B15C05A86256E6F007E3E86?OpenDocument

If you are running the latest version of Measurement & Automation Explorer, then you will have I/O Trace as opposed to NI-Spy.  They are technically the same thing but the usability differs just a bit.  If you do have this utility reference the link here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/282C5D41E2BA04F2862574BA007803B9

Let me know it goes when you have the chance.   

Regards,

Ben N.
Applications Engineering
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(685 Views)
I will try this as soon as I get back. Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(681 Views)

Just got back to work, was kept away because of Hurricane Irene.

Attached are the NI-SPY capture, with the VI.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(671 Views)

That says you are getting code 6 - NI-488:  I/O operation aborted. Where's the capture form the VB code? Have you single stepped through the code or add some delay after the sens:corr:coll:guid:acq STAN1 command?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(661 Views)

Nicolas - 

There was a timeout error on the device as seen on the I/O Trace.  The GPIB write was fine on the LabVIEW side of things..as Dennis pointed out, can you run the same capture on the VBscript so we can see what is different between these to Reads? 

Regards,

Ben N.
Applications Engineering
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(658 Views)

The VBscript is saved on the PNA directly.

When I start recording with NI SPY and launch the macro, nothing shows on the capture log...

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(655 Views)

And yes I did single stepped through the commands. After waiting for sens:corr:coll:guid:acq STAN1 to complete, the next command returns an error.

Same results when adding a delay :/...

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(651 Views)

Nicolas - 

It's apparent that the issue is on the Agilent instrument side from your capture.  I'm not sure if you have spoke with Agilent about this, but with it being a third party instrument there isn't much I can do to help if we know that LabVIEW and the GPIB Write is working correctly.  Let me know if there's any progress made on your end or if I can be of assistance from my side of things.  

Regards,

Ben N.
Applications Engineering
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(645 Views)

Ben,

I actually first went to Agilent and talked to their engineers, I exposed the problem I'm having.

They redirected me to the LabVIEW forum...

You can see the post here: https://forums.tm.agilent.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27317&p=75802#p75802

"...this is starting to look a lot like a LabView problem and you might want to start posting to the NI forum as well (you know, spread the pain a little :) ) There are a few LabView users/experts that poke around here once in a while and maybe one of them can provide some guidance and it might be helpful for them if you upload your calibration vi"

How can I get the capture log for a vbscript that is saved on the pna itself?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(642 Views)