LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC bus communication

Hi, I should test a product for automation. It has the follow interfaces: ModBus, ProfiBus, CanOpen, DeviceNet, Ethernet, EtherCat, EthernetIP. NI offers a solution for each protocol, but I do not like very much to have several boards and modules. I would like a more integrated solution. For example a solution NI FPGA based. The core of the protocols would be settled into the FPGA, then the outputs would be connected to a custom board where are placed the transceivers or level adapters. Do you know if the protocols I mentioned before are already available for NI FPGA? or they must be developed at all?

Any other ideas? easier maybe..

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,270 Views)

Looks like you have a choice to make between spending time or spending money in order to test your system.

Going with an FPGA option would be the most flexible but would take alot of time from yourself to make sure you get the protocols right. NI sells CanOPEN library for around $100 but as far as the other protocols go have you tried looking at the http://www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/ ? I could see a system running RT which maintains all these drivers and enables them when necessary using the FPGA as the middleware to the AO card.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,253 Views)