From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PID multivariable SOMEBODY HELP! PLEASE!

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(256 Views)

Dear Nathand:

After a couple of weeks, we are here again, well i take out the visa as you advice us, and i tried to built the PID, using another file, wich was created in spain.... when i opened.. it was like... holy Sh...... i tried to configure but this is completely insane, i mean, i feel a little frustrated because our "teacher guide" have never come to us to say "hello guys, it´s anything i can help you?", so at this point this is getting impossible

As i told you before, all we wanted it´s to build a PID wich controle the Alcohol concentration using The flux of Condenser or the Heater Power as a the main variable, i know that probably its so much easier because we have something pretty similar( VI from spain), but when we see that VI it´s like to be reading in latin, it´s like "God, send some help to us"..

So we would be pretty grateful Nathand  if you could give us an advice of how it could be conected the Visa(Alcohol Concentration), with the Flux Condenser or Heater Power as main variable.

Hope you can help us.

Regards

Felipe Kim Vallejos.

Nicolas Paniagua G.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(251 Views)

You did not do what I suggested.  I recommended that you move the VISA Configure Serial Port and VISA Close functions outside of the while loop.  Instead, you moved the Configure Serial Port and Read operations outside the loop, but you left the VISA Close inside the loop.  Does this make any sense?  Have you looked at how your program executes?  Right now you take a single reading from the serial port.  Then your loop starts running, and each time the loop runs it attempts to close the serial port, for no reason.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(246 Views)