From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PID controller with generated data as input

Hello Marian,

Here i have attached the Vi that i have made recently.

Before implementing the actual PID controller simulation using my sensor data now i am trying to design the simulation just by using a sine wave generator inside the system (as expressed in general PID simulation.vi) .

Again i cant make it out . I hope you can help me .

Thank you.

Bala

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(799 Views)

Hello Marian,

Here i have attached the Vi that i have made recently.

Before implementing the actual PID controller simulation using my sensor data now i am trying to design the simulation just by using a sine wave generator inside the system (as expressed in general PID simulation.vi) .

Again i cant make it out . I hope you can help me .

Thank you.

Bala

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(799 Views)

Hello Bala,

I will attach a screenshot of my modified VI since it would take a while to go to our testlab and convert the VI back to LabVIEW 7.0.

I think you will be able to easily follow the changes that I made in order to see a signal that can be controlled by the PID setup.

Please try this approach and let me know if it worked.

Best regards,

David

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(784 Views)

Hello David ,

I executed the vi that you have sent me . But in that when i change the propotional gain to any value higher than 1 then the system is not controlled.And also i dont understand the logic that you have not given the output from PID controller to the system.

I am attaching the same vi with some extra indicators for a good view.

thank you,

Bala

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(778 Views)
Hello Bala,

let's solve your inquiry. I have not got the point yet: what are you trying to archieve? On one hand, you have a set of datapoints from your sensor. On the other hand, you like to implement a PID. I do not understand the connection of both. Do you want to exermine the reaction of the PID-Controller when you connect static values from your sensor on the input? Could you draw a little scetch of your control-loop?

Best regards
Marian Vorderer
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(749 Views)