From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PID HELP on Control Design and Simulation

Hello guys

Im new on LabView and I have a problem on my VI project. I was wodering if anyone can help me to solve my problem.

I have 2 Vi's: one with a room modeling and one with 2 heat exchanger (1 cooling and 1 heating) that I use to control room temperature.

My PID is working but not has I expected. It is sending me the correct output, but send the output realy fast. I need something slow.

Lets supose that I have 25ºC on the room and I want it at 20ºC. My PID will give 100% of cooling, but I want that the PID send an output slowly passing from 1%...2%...3%, and so on until it reach the desire percentage (100%).

Because if it gave me 100%, the temperature on the room will decrese instantly for, lets say, 10ºC, then it will need to heat, so the heat exchanger will do the same: will give 100% and the tempertature on the room will go to 25ºC, and then cooling, going to 10ºC, and then heating again going to 25ºC.

If the PID gave me that slow percentage, the room certenly will reach 20ºC and the heat exchenger will never reach 100%.

Hope you guys can undertand my situation.

Thanks in andvance.

Best Regards

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,308 Views)

What is the physical definition of 100% output? Generally, heating or cooling is just an off or on proposition for either.

That room model doesn't sound very accurate.  I would never expect a room to drop 10deg instantly.

Message 2 of 4
(2,304 Views)

The 100% is the output from PID to an actuator valve. The cooling/heating will be more or less according that percentage.

I send the room model. any help will be nice.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,274 Views)

The 100% is the output from PID to an actuator valve. The cooling/heating will be more or less according that percentage.

I send the room model. any help will be welcome.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,249 Views)