LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIC with Labview

Hi everybody!

I am a newbie and learning Labview.

I have a project in mind to control CNC by USB. I have purchased the Processor Module from this site (http://www.edingcnc.com/index.php?pagina=producten)

the module is not in the website as it is old.

the module uses a PIC microprocessor.

They have provided the software with it and I am happy.

But I want to control this module by the Labview application.

The module is connected to pc via a usb 2.0 cable.

Please Help me.

Srikanth Chilivery,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,123 Views)

Hi windows,

We have a product called NI-VISA which allows communications with 3rd party hardware. I have also found a Tutorial which should help you understand how to use NI-VISA and get you up and running. You will still however need to develop code for the PIC on the board that you have purchased, which as i understand was provided with your board?. An example of communicating with a third party device over USB is the LabVIEW Arduino Toolkit. If you look deeper into the SubVi's of the example programs given with this toolkit you can see they use VISA based Functions. Please let me know how you get on, and if you have any other questions please post back.

Regards,

Ben B.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland

"I've looked into the reset button, the science is impossible!"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,065 Views)

Hi,reading the forum I saw that there is NI wizard to allow communication with USB third part like my PIC24 starter kit board.

So I created my USB driver and I correctly have my board recognized from my Windows XP in Devices Managments when I attach the board to the PC. The Problem is that My MAX cant recognize the Board in devices interfaces tree so I cant communicate with it to send simple data byte.

I already have a Driver in Visual C++ and it uses Windows API to communicate with my board. The problem is that I dont want to create DLL from this piece of code to make Labview interfacing with it because NI Wizard driver should sit for this purpose.

Did anyone face this problem, Why My XP recognized the board and The MAx doesnt do it so i cant use VISA library?

Hope an help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,945 Views)