LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI-MAX Camera not showing in MAX

Hi all,

I am trying to work with the PI-MAX 4 camera from princeton instrument, I am able to work with the Lightfield camera software and SITK VI's. What I am facing problem is that the Camera is not showing in MAX, I do have other Gige vision camera (baseler's) which is are easily identified in MAX . I disabled the firewall and connected camera directly to the computer through the ethernet cable but still couldnt able to get the camera in MAX.

I went through all the steps shown in Troubleshooting Gige Vision camera,but couldnt get the cmaera to work with any IMAQdx vi's, everytime I run it  I get timeout error.

Please do let me know what else do i need to check or configure.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,425 Views)

Hi AnkitG,

I could not find any documentation indicating that the camera follows the gige Vision standard. If the camera were to follow the standard, there would usually be the gige vision logo somewhere on the camera. Being a gige camera is different than being a gigE vision camera. It seems that the VIs us dll call in order to access the camera. In order to be recognized in MAX, it needs to adhere to the gigE vision standard. It is also specified in the troubleshooting GigE Vision camera knowledgebase. Also please post on the machine vision forum for vision based questions.

Paolo F.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,389 Views)

@FuManWho wrote:

Hi AnkitG,

I could not find any documentation indicating that the camera follows the gige Vision standard. If the camera were to follow the standard, there would usually be the gige vision logo somewhere on the camera. Being a gige camera is different than being a gigE vision camera. It seems that the VIs us dll call in order to access the camera. In order to be recognized in MAX, it needs to adhere to the gigE vision standard. It is also specified in the troubleshooting GigE Vision camera knowledgebase. Also please post on the machine vision forum for vision based questions.

Hi paolo,

thanks, I checked the spec sheet of the camera and it says "

"GigE interface : Industry standard for fast data transfer over long distances, up to 50 M"

so you will it be different as compare to Gigie vision?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,380 Views)

Hi AnkitG,

If it does not explicitly say GigE Vision anywhere in the spec sheet, then I do not believe that it adheres to the standard. And since it does not adhere to the standard the communication with it is not guaranteed or supported. 

Paolo F.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,330 Views)