LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDA driving me crazy!

Rather than go into all the details of my problems.. Is there someone who can show me a VERY SIMPLE analog input reading of channel 0 (CF6004) using the Ipaq PDA, and a write to file in text format.

I want to be able to vary the sample rate, and control the time that I'm acquiring.
I want to have one file with a list of values. nothing more.

Why is this so difficult?

I have attached my working program, but it saves the file in lines of 100 if I use 100 samples per channel (Cant change this value without messing up the data).

How can I just get a simple set of data that will fill up a file? I want to store the numbers I see on the graph.

I also want to change my acquisition rate to something slower.

The configuration utility won't let me drop the sample rate below 196. I don't know why this is.

help me please! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,211 Views)
I am not sure I understand what you mean when you say "fill up a file" as it will fill up regardless of the format.  As is now, you are writing your 2D array of data to your file. [channelXsample]...leaving you with a 4X100 array in the file.  The next iteration the code is tacking on another 4x100.  If you want one long array of continuous data, try running the data through the "transpose" array funciton before performing the write.  This way your 4x100 + 4X100 turns into a 4X200 rather than an 8X100.

-Brett
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,183 Views)