LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDA Toolkit for Vista

Hi All,

I have a chance to try out some new software during the semester break.  I installed the release version of Vista Business Edition under our MSDNAA license and had no problem installing the LabVIEW 8.20 package and some toolkits...  except for the LabVIEW PDA 8.2 PDA module.

Vista posts an error about no longer communicating through ActiveSync, as those services are now directly provided by the Vista OS.

Sounds like this may be a major, architectural version upgrade to the PDA Toolkit.

Any news you can release?

Best Regards,

-Bill  =] 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,394 Views)
Bill,

The LabVIEW 8.2 PDA Module installer attempts to install ActiveSync. As you saw, Vista does not require ActiveSync. Instead, it uses the new Sync Center, which you may still need to install. The Microsoft software called by LabVIEW PDA has not changed significantly.
--
Michael P
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(4,386 Views)

Thanks for your quick reply, Michael!

I will give it a go.  I operate a student computing laboratory and try to keep it equipped with the latest tools.  Next semester may be a bit early to deploy Vista, but with anticipated compatibility issues, I'm trying to get a good start on the project over break.

Best regards,

-Bill  =]

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,374 Views)