LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDA Menu Selection (user) Item Tag returns Item Name

Using LV Mobile 8.6.1 with iPAQ on Windows Mobile 5.0 (5.1.1702) I have a custom run-time menu.  The Item Tags are shortened versions of the full Item Name.  The event structure provides the Item Tag, but the actual string value returned is the full Item Name.  The Item Path returns the complete hierarchy of the menu selection, but also contains the Item Name.
Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,683 Views)

Hi Michael,

I don't seem to understand what your question is.  Can you be a bit more detailed in what problem you are experiencing?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,657 Views)

Hi David,

My PDA application has a custom run-time menu of 20 items.  Some menu items are up to 4 words in length, so I used unique single-word names for the item tag to differentiate the commands.  Debugging my code, only the single word menu items executed correctly.   All others ended up in the default case.

This has to be a bug in LabView, that the event structure returns the Item Name in place of the cluster element labeled Item Tag.  The same problem exists in the Get Menu Selection.vi.

The work around was to change all the case elements to match the item name and not the tag.  The item tag then is never used.

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,652 Views)

I was actually able to reproduce the problem you are experiencing and it is definitely not supposed to be like that. This was reported to R&D (CAR # 178001) for furthur investigation.  It is possible that this will be fixed in future versions, however in the meantime I would just use the workaround you are currently using.  Thanks for the feedback!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,641 Views)