LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe Image Tearing 1394b

I'm running a Basler Scout 1394b camera through a 1394b card by startech.com.  In Max, I'm experiencing image tearing at any resolution or speed.

In my experience, I'v never had any issues using this seup with PCI, however this PC has no PCI slots only PCIe.  

Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,645 Views)

Hi PVAHamm,

Which Scout camera are you using? Does the camera still work fine on your old machine with the PCI card? If so, the firmware might need to be updated. Can you check to see if the camera has the latest firmware, and that you are using the latest version of the IMAQdx driver? Also, does the tearing persist if you lower the bandwidth from 800 Mbps?

Best regards,

Matt J - NI Tools Network
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,629 Views)

The camera is a scA1300-17fc. with the latest firmware.  

IMAQdx version is:  3.9.1

I've gone to Basler tech support, and they are telling me to try a 1394C controller card that uses a TI chipset as opposed to a LSI.Agere.  Trying that next.

Thanks for the suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,627 Views)

Hi,

What OS are you using? Do you have problems only in MAX or in the code as well?

I am thinking about buying a similar setup very soon and I would love to know how it goes. In may case I will put it on a RT LV.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,607 Views)

If it is XP there was a 1394 issue and patch to allow for higher image transfer speeds.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,605 Views)

Image tearing can also be related to power save states on PCs, sometimes requiring BIOS change settings either through your control panel, PC manufacturer utilities, or 3rd party utilities.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,602 Views)

Using the TI Chipset fixed the issue.  The card that I used was from Newegg:  Best Connectivity PN: SD-PEX-FWB.

This is all with Win7 32-bit. 

Message 7 of 7
(2,594 Views)