LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe 6363

Hi, 

I am new to use NI PCIe-6363. I would like to use it to generate a clock singal and some bit string as an input of my registors (e.g. Scan Chain).  I am wondering which type of outputs I should use, analogy or digital? If I use digital, then how can I define the high level voltage of digitial signal. When I look at a Labview example of digital output from PCIe6363 in NI example. There is no input papramter which is required to define the VIH.

Does the digital output always generate bit in boolean? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,163 Views)

Hi Jennie,

digital IO uses TTL levels - as is written in the manual of the PCIe6363!

When you need other levels you need to build up a PCB with some electronics…

Does the digital output always generate bit in boolean?

That's the purpose of digital IO: working with boolean signals…

generate a clock singal and some bit string

A clock usually is a boolean signal - use one of the counters on your DAQ device.

A "bit string" should be a boolean waveform in LabVIEW…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,129 Views)

If I generate a clock, how can I verify if it's correct or not? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,081 Views)
Connect a scope up or loop the signal back into the DAQ card.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,071 Views)

I tried it. I use one PFI (e.g. PFI 12) to generate a clock. Then wire it to another PFI (e.g. PFI 14) as an input and monitor the width of input pulse or counter the edges of it. I added an indicator at the output of the DAQ assistant. I got nothing. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,064 Views)
Either you've programmed the generation or acquisition incorrectly. Since you have not attached your code, it's impossible to say which.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,046 Views)

Hi Dennis

I stored my scain bit in a cvs file. And I will read it in labiew as a scan bit output from port 0 line xx. Meanwhile, I will use PCIe to generate a clock.

waveform.jpg 

Attached are my code and the cvs file to be read into labview.  Actually I want to the read a nuber from the cvs file can control the pcie to generate a boolean bit from port 0: xx. Then I will sample the generated boolean bit when at the rising edge of the clock. In the code it says the type of data is not same and I don't know how to convert it. Could you help me?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,915 Views)

Hi Jennie,

- why do you set DAQmxWrite to "1chan 1Sample" mode when you want to output more than one sample? Have you ever considered to use "1ch Nsamples" mode?

- when your CSV file contains just "0" and "1" you surely don't want to convert number to boolean array. All you need is a simple comparison "<>0" to get your boolean values…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,901 Views)

why do you set DAQmxWrite to "1chan 1Sample" mode when you want to output more than one sample? Have you ever considered to use "1ch Nsamples" mode?

I tried 1chanNsamples. It doesn't work. And I replaced converting to boolean array with a comparison. It didn't work either. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,871 Views)

Hi Jennie,

this is the same VI as before…

I tried 1chanNsamples. It doesn't work.

What have you tried (in which way) and what didn't work? What was the error?

And I replaced converting to boolean array with a comparison. It didn't work either. 

What have you tried (in which way) and what didn't work? What was the error?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,848 Views)