From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6733 - Error code 10403

I am getting an error -10403, which gives a possible reason of:

NI-DAQ LV:  The specified device does not support the requested action (the driver recognizes the device, but the action is inappropriate for the device).

Any ideas what might cause this?

The error comes from a library call to AO_Buffer_ConfigInterface, shown in the screenshot below:

Dave_RS_0-1638902440662.png

This is using the lvdaq.dll

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(977 Views)

Hello , i thin i can solve it for you ,, for further assitance you can msg me wup on 002 01153646460

CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(967 Views)

That looks like a call to the legacy NI-DAQ driver, suggesting a rather old DAQ device and likely a pretty old OS as well.

What OS is this, and what version of LabVIEW and DAQ drivers are installed?

A few older devices (such as E-series MIO) were supported under both legacy NI-DAQ and under DAQmx, but NOT at the same time.  Once you accessed it via one driver you'd need to do a device reset (available in MAX) before you accessed it via the other driver.  Maybe you need to give this a try?

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(950 Views)

Thank you for your reply Ahmed, but I would prefer to communicate via the forum.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(883 Views)

Thank you for your reply.
You are right the system is old.

The OS is XP.
The LabVIEW version is 7.1.
and the DAQ drivers visible in MAX are NI-DAQmx 8.3.0f3 and Traditional DAQ 7.4.3f7.

I have tried resetting both DAQmx and Traditional DAQ, but the problem remains.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(908 Views)

Is this code that's been recently developed or modified?  Or are you suddenly getting a new error from long-existing code?

Have you tried implementing the same kind of AO task under DAQmx?

As a very-slightly-educated guess, I'd be looking at the 'allocate mode' input first (what does the value 2 mean?).  I'm not certain what the 'number of updates' means either, but am suspecting it might be a total # samples to generate?

Sorry, it's been a loooooong time since I used traditional NI-DAQ, and even then I didn't do much AO.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(890 Views)