LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6071E (un)compatibility with Labview 2019

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all. We have PCI-6071E acquisitions cards in all our automated test equipment machines, and we just found that Lavbiew 2019 appears to be NOT compatible with them. 

MAX version 19.5.0f0 reports always this error: 

Status Code: -209852
The specified device is no longer supported within the NI-DAQmx API.
Visit ni.com/info and enter the Info Code: daqmx191eol

Does anyone know a fix for this? Other than just having to scrap all the 6071E cards and spend thousands of dollars buying new ones and re-wiring the machines one by one? 

This is absolutely crazy from NI, does not make any sense if this is true! 

Thanks in advance. 

EO

Message 1 of 8
(2,694 Views)
Solution
Accepted by RavensFan

I don't know why that is "absolutely crazy".

The newest documentation I've found for the PCI-6071e is dated 2005.  That is 15 years ago.  The NI website says it is an obsolete product.  NI is only going to continue to provide software/driver support for obsolete hardware for perhaps a few years after they stop selling it.

The solution is that to continue to use that hardware board. only install the newest version of LabVIEW and NI-DAQmx that still supports it.  What version had you been using that worked with that board? It was tricky to find, but it looks like DAQmx 19.0 still supported it.  https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374768v.html#ESeries

That means you can use LabVIEW 2019 with that DAQmx version.

Message 2 of 8
(2,669 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author evandro1967

You can also use LabVIEW 2018 (or any earlier version of LabVIEW).  There is no significant cost to this solution.

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 8
(2,643 Views)

Thank you very much for the suggestion. We are using DAQmx 19.6, but we'll try 19.0 as you've suggested and see if it works. I'll post feedback soon...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,623 Views)

Thank you very much for the suggestion. Yes that would work. For some reason we cannot downlaod Labview2018 from NI site. We had LV2015, "skipped" LV2017 and LV2018, and we bought the license for LV2019, maybe this is the reason...? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,622 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author evandro1967

@evandro1967 wrote:

Thank you very much for the suggestion. Yes that would work. For some reason we cannot downlaod Labview2018 from NI site. We had LV2015, "skipped" LV2017 and LV2018, and we bought the license for LV2019, maybe this is the reason...? 

All that matters is that you have a version of DAQmx that supports your board.  You then need a version of LabVIEW that is compatible with that version of DAQmx.  As already stated, DAQmx 19.0 is the last version of DAQmx to support your PCI-6071E (I just dug through the readmes to verify).  DAQmx 19.0 is compatible with LabVIEW 2016 up through LabVIEW 2019 (I think SP1 even).  So all you need to do is uninstall DAQmx and then install DAQmx 19.0.  Then you really should start looking for a replacement card and plan an upgrade.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 8
(2,619 Views)

DONE! Installed LV2019 SP1, then removed DAQmx 19.5, then installed DAQmx 19.0, and MAX now recognizes the PCI-6071E. Great! 

Thank you very much for your support. 

EO

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,602 Views)

Don't forget to give credit where credit is due.  (As well as potentially help someone else with the same problem.)  🙂

Mark the appropriate post as the solution.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 8 of 8
(2,590 Views)