From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Recommendation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am looking for recommendation for  a decent and good priced  PC that we will use for development. We are using labVIEW 2017 and 2018.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,075 Views)

System Requirements for LabVIEW Development Systems and Modules

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,044 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author avega

I think you can do a bit better than a Pentium 4 and 1GB of RAM these days 😉

If you get a decent processor, 8GB of RAM, and a 1080p screen you should be good for most things. If you want to hook up hardware, make sure you get something with a bunch of ports.

Message 3 of 8
(4,038 Views)

@avega wrote:

I am looking for recommendation for  a decent and good priced  PC that we will use for development. We are using LabVIEW 2017 and 2018.

For test systems, I have often gone with Super Logics.  I would also recommend Stealth (apparently now part of Sparton RE).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,983 Views)

Hello

If you are going to use multiple versions of labview, go for atleast 8 GB of RAM, i3/i5 latest gen. processor and a 1080p monitor for sure and it also depends on the number of toolkits you are going to use.

-Rahul

Hit KUDOS for Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,977 Views)

Honestly you don't need anything special for LabVIEW development.

Any of today's typical desktop systems will be fine.

My current development PC is a Dell (My company only buys Dell) i5 16GB RAM on-board Intel graphics and it's just fine.

Up until about three months ago I was using an older i5 with 8GB RAM and I really see no difference beyond the loading time is faster on my new computer because it has a SSD.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,942 Views)

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,843 Views)

The thing about getting lots of ports in your accepted solution is a mute point.

I find it better to buy "off the shelf" computers for our ATE systems and use USB based GPIB, serial, MODBUS, Etc. interfaces.

This way if a computer dies for whatever reason I can replace it with any "standard issue" PC my company is buying.

Returning  the ATE system to service much faster than having to special order some non-standard build and wait for it.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,832 Views)