cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Override palette for all grey scale 8-bit images in given VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I have more than one "display image" controls in my VI. I would like a way to override default palette settings for all of them (set it to "user defined" and set a specific user defined palette I load and parse from a text file). Is there a way to do that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,055 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ikrylov

Hi ikrylov,

I assume you are already using a property node to write to the User Palette property of your desired image? You can create another property node for your second image. Alternatively, you could take your first property node and right click >> disconnect from control. This will make it a reference input. Then you select all images (or do it one by one), right click >> create reference. Build these references into an array, and feed them into the property node using a For Loop.

Capture.PNG

Message 2 of 4
(2,029 Views)

Hi gregoryj,

Thank you for your reply! I'll try to implement this solution.

At the risk of introducing a global solution for a local problem, is there any information on whether palettes of Image controls are defined somewhere they are possible to change or they are hardcoded in ImageControlPlugIn.dll?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,003 Views)

@ikrylov wrote:

Hi gregoryj,

Thank you for your reply! I'll try to implement this solution.

At the risk of introducing a global solution for a local problem, is there any information on whether palettes of Image controls are defined somewhere they are possible to change or they are hardcoded in ImageControlPlugIn.dll?

No idea!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,998 Views)