LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overall vibration (ISO 10816)

Hi all,

I now started with LabView programing and I have big problem how I make measurement overall vibration by ISO 10816 (I need velocity RMS in band 10-1000Hz). I try search on this forum, and I tryed many variants how measured this vibration, but I neither way I not trust on 100%.Smiley Sad Can you please somebody help me?

Thanks.

David Student

Czech Republic

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,898 Views)

Consider using the proven Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite libraries, which build on LabVIEW's base RMS and integration techniques, and tune them to meet standards such as 10816.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209061

Alternatively, you will need to review the mathematical formulas behind the ISO standards. 

Hope this helps. 

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,896 Views)

Hi Preston,

We have Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite in our company, but i found only express function (RMS level) which is for conection to time signal. But i probably need some function for conection to frequency spectrum. I 'm create this string but i don't know whether is correct:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,893 Views)

You should use the lower level VIs which give you much more flexibility.  Consider the FFT functions, and the SVFA unit conversion VI. 

The manual is located here. 

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/E533CF43B486DE64862578D3000613DC

Preston

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,887 Views)

Hi, I am attaching a vi developed for measuring vibration from single Accelerometer(100mv/g). It integrates the signal to get velocity and double integrates to get Displacement. Hardware used: cDaq :9174 , Module- NI9233. Once I calibrated the whole set up at about 1250 rpm. It was giving correct readings of all three parameters(Accln. , Vel. , Disp.) .As I go to higher rpm the readings are wrong.

As operating freq. of 9233 module is @21kHz, can I use it to measure the vibration of machine having rpm of about 7500 rpm?

I have taken sampling rate of 20ks/sec, Is it proper?

Pl. guide.

Regards

Sam 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,637 Views)