From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outsourcing front panel controls to a floating SubVI front panel

Solved!
Go to solution

It was a pleasure. Have a nice rest of the day.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(416 Views)

Hello,

I'll writing here because my application is quite the same as described on this post.

I have a main VI controling the data acquisition, and there's an add button to insert Online Displays (Graphs, Numerical Indicators). Each one I have created using Queues on SubVI. The communication between the main VI and the SubVI's is ok.

What I am struggling is how to keep the SubVI Front Panel above the MainVI FrontPanel. I've already set the SubVI property to be FrontMost, and when I called it, FP shows up, but when I click back on the main vi form, the subVI FP goes backward.

How to maintain the SubVI frontmost????

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(340 Views)

Personally, I'd look into using a subpanel.  Your other option would be to make your subVI Modal.  But this will prevent the user from doing anything on other VI windows.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(336 Views)

I've tried SubVI modal, but I need to control the mainVI.

If using subpanel, I can use it as a window, where I can move, resize??? I need to keep this functions, because the idea is the user configure how his online screen will be during data acquisition.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(332 Views)

If you still need to manipulate the main VI, then your floating window can't always be on top.  So that requirement doesn't make sense to me.

The subpanel doesn't allow for resizing.  But it basically imbeds your subVI's panel into your main VI's panel.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(322 Views)