LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook calendar issues

I recently installed Labview 8.21 Developer Suite with all the bells and whistles along with the  realtime module.  Now i am having issues with ms outlook 2k3.  Everytime I try to do something with my calendar, Labview askes me to install the  Labview runtime engine 7.0 ( lvruntimeeng.msi).  I have an labview 7 express with the installer on it.  I have tried to allow it to install but it tells me that it is an invalid installer package.  Anyone have any suggestions on the cause of this installation request.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,078 Views)
Did this start happening as soon as you installed LabVIEW 8.2.1, or did it start more recent than that?

I would suggest try uninstalling the run-time engine, go here to download the LabVIEW 7.0 Run-Time Engine, and re-install.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,048 Views)
It started after 8.2.1 was installed.  I have never installed 7 on this computer.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,032 Views)
LabVIEW will install the run-time engines for previous versions of LabVIEW even if they are not for the version that you are installing.  Verify that you have LabVIEW 7.0 RTE installed.  You can check this in MAX under the "Software" folder.  Try re-installing if it is present.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,010 Views)
From within the MAX interface, it appears that I have Labview runtime engines 6.0 to 8.21 installed.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,010 Views)
You haven't explicitly stated that you uninstalled and re-installed the RTE 7.0.  Did you try repairing the installation and/or re-installing RTE 7.0?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,989 Views)
I did attempt the reinstall but it would not let me with the higher version installed.  I believe I did find the issue.  I had a third party app installed that allowed me to dial my outlook contacts via our Asterisk PBX.  I uninstalled that and for now the problem seems to be resolved.  It is strange that it affected my calandar and not my  contacts.  For now we can assume that the issue has been handled.  If the behavior returns I will repost.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,951 Views)