LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Osciloscope with function generators

I' m doing some simply osciloscope for school and I have few question about it.

1. Is it true that one program can only have one event structure? Because when
I do another program is blocking.

2. When I change something on the front panel it doesn't register until I change
something inside the event structure. How do I set up to receive new data?

3. How do I make that all data from the knobs are taken when starting the program?

4. How I can make knobs for change a nivo of 0V? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,732 Views)

@mgudel00 wrote:

I' m doing some simply osciloscope for school and I have few question about it.

1. Is it true that one program can only have one event structure? Because when
I do another program is blocking.

2. When I change something on the front panel it doesn't register until I change
something inside the event structure. How do I set up to receive new data?

3. How do I make that all data from the knobs are taken when starting the program?

4. How I can make knobs for change a nivo of 0V? 

1. No, but you should have a very good reason to have more than one. There are settings in the event structure properties to lock the front panel or not, and you can easily lock your program up by having multiple event structures.

2. Your code is in a while loop. One iteration of the loop means EVERYTHING inside the loop has run one time. This means the event structure has to execute. You can put a timeout case in your event structure, and wire up something like 50ms to make sure the event structure will run after some time even if you don't trigger an event. As an example, if you put another piece of code inside your while loop that takes 10 minutes to run, your while loop will only run once every 10 minutes.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,688 Views)

How I can lock the front panel?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,657 Views)

configure an event the pop-up will have a button near the bottom left that will let you control if the event locks the front panel until the event is handled. That selection is "on" by default.

Uncheck that box if you do NOT want your GUI to lock-up when he user punches a button that has an event registered.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,652 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,649 Views)

Why you think I need that ? I just learned to program in labview so I don't know much about it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,643 Views)

OOW .. Now I understand. I didn't mean on that lock. I thought of what Gregoryj was talking about. I solved that. 

Thanks everyone. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,632 Views)