LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oscilloscope for begginer

Dear Group,

I am brand new to Labview and was wondering if someone would be kind enough to tell me how I would use Labview as an "oscilloscope" for ~5 channels of data collected on the a-to-d board?  I imagine this is super basic, but I would like to basically display the channels for some time (that is adjustable) and adjust the y axis as well. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,171 Views)

Possible not "super basic" but fairly so. Not sure what you mean by a - d board though. If it is an actual analog to digital board, rather than a formal Data Acquisition Card (DAQ), then interfacing to it will depend on its individual requirements. If a DAQ card, particularly a National Instruments one, then open LabVIEW, and in the tool bar of the front panel there is "Help", then "Find Examples". Do a search for oscilloscope and you will get an example of a simulated 2 channel one. It is simulated because the "signal source" is a single generation sub-vi, rather than an actual connection to the DAQ. So you will also have to look at the examples, of which there are many, of reading analog signals from DAQ boards.

Now, unless you have a very fast DAQ card your maximum channel input frequency range will be low, and will decrease as you add channels. Also, the input signal levels will depend on the DAQ you have.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,168 Views)