From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oscilloscope TDS 3014 - Ethernet - Labview : work only in debug mode

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I want to control an oscilloscope from Tektronix, TDS 3014B, connected through ethernet cable, with a labview software. I thought it was an easy task as I have downloaded special VIs for this intrument here:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=163

I did my own code using the VI provided and I attach here my VI.

The problem is that the output array is always wrong! But when I go to debug mode to see what's happening wrong, the software starts working properly and measuring correctly. I give as input a 5Vdc to the oscilloscope probe, and the 5V are measured correctly in debug mode but in normal mode I measure -10V.

Anyone had the same problem? 

Thanks for assistance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,693 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fabbro12

What happens might be that in 'debug' mode, more time elapse between your autoset and the rest of the code.

Maybe you can try to add a delay (use 'wait ms' function in a flat sequence structure, make the error wire go through the frame to force the dataflow to wait ; try waiting 5000ms at first) between the autoset and the read waveform function.

Does it help ?

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,664 Views)

Thanks!

It's working now...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,653 Views)