LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organize listbox contents horizontally

Hello,

I'm using Labview 2015 and i want to have the contents of a listbox organized horizontally rather than vertically, as you can with arrays for instance. Since, as far as i know, that isn't possible for listoboxes is there an alternative to achieve the behavior i want? 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,629 Views)

You can have a multi-column listbox or an array of strings. But, can you explain what and why you are trying to display so we can offer the best suggestion?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,619 Views)

Hello Gregory,

The group name of a tdms file I'm reading, is a date and a comment on that day. I want to display the date as column header and the comment as the cell data below that header. (see attached picture for an example).
In multi-column listbox only the content of the first column is selectable, I want to be able to select more than one column at a time, as in in listbox i can select rows.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,607 Views)

That looks like a table to me.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,594 Views)

Thank you all for your answers and sorry if my questions seem a little bit stupid...
If I am not mistaking, a table is a 2d array of strings, it's not what i want. 

I want to select a cell (or more) and the output to be the index of the selected cell (the functionality of a listbox), I don't want to edit the contents of the cell from the front panel, as in a table.
The snapshot I had attached was from a multi-column listbox and it is exactly what I need if I could select columns and not only rows.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,574 Views)

Yes.  A table is a 2D array of strings.

A table can be an indicator.  That means you can't edit the cells.

Do you need to select more than 1 column at a time?

Even with only 1 column to select, you'd probably have to write some background code to handle mouse events so that you program selecting columns on a table as opposed to having it more built into the indicator.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,556 Views)

Yes, I want to select more than one columns at a time and although a table can be an indicator of course, the cell(s) I select (even if programmatically figure out which they are)  wont be highlighted.

It doesn't seem like it is what I want, maybe I will just redesign the front panel to use the default vertical multi-column listbox.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,549 Views)