LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options selection in the Tools menu in a stand alone app.

How do I get the Options selection in the Tools menu to show up in a stand alone application I am building?  I would like to access the WebServer section of Options and can't do it -- I only see the Security selection on the Tools menu.
KMoller
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,204 Views)

You won't be able to view the Options menu from your executable. The LabVIEW Run-Time Engine doesn't support this operation. The configuration changes you wish to make must be made directly to the configuration file (*.ini) that comes with your executable. If you wish to have your executable start with a specific set of web-server configurations, for instance, you could choose not to include the default ini file and instead specify a pre-built ini file to include with the executable.

Another option would be to create your own menu item called Options which could display a dialog and allow the user to make certain configuration changes. The only catch here is that you'd have to restart the exe for the changes to take affect.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,189 Views)

You could also use the WebServer App properties to enable/disable, set port, access list, etc.  I haven't tried this in an executable though. 

If it works in an executable as well, you can perhaps configure your custom menu to set these properties. 

Good luck!

-Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,180 Views)