cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimize MITE on NI-HSDIO devices

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all;

I download an example from NI web, call "NI-HSDIO Stream from Disk (Generation) Using Win32 File IO", the advance-generation example. Although utilities in these examples work fine, (Utilities are used to determine the maximun data transfer, maximun block size, etc..), when I try to execute some of the global examples, I always receive the same error : "Failed to set Command bit to 1", which is an error generated from the subVI called: "NI Optimize MITE-NI-VISA_Reg_Read.vi". I think that i forgot change some param from this VI, but i  dont know which of them, I think the OR-mask, but i dont know how or why this is the value i need to change.

Example:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/pub/devzone/epd/ni-hsdiogeneration-advanced.zip

I want to solve the problem, but also i want to understand it, so any indications about what can i read to fix it by myself will be appreciated to.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,608 Views)

I was reading something about VISA and the example documentations... now, my question is different:

I use a VI from VISA interface to read a 16bit block from the Configuration address space (10) of my HSDIO device. After that, I write a 16 bit block to the same address in order to modify previous value readed by first VI, and this is the problem:Why this change is not applied? In any case, If i write a value and just after that I do a new read, the value has not been recorded.

Any suggestions? Thanks again

Mensaje editado por MMjj
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,599 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MMjj

MMjj,

Thanks for posting on the NI forums. I was curious if you could tell me exactly which NI-HSDIO device you are using for your application, this might give me some information into the Mite error that you are getting. Some devices like the 6541/42, 6551/52, 6561/62, use the Mite, but others like the 6544/45/46/47 do not and therefore the MITE code would not be necessary.

In regards to your second post, I am guessing you are trying to modify the MITE VI to make it work for your application but it is not recommended to use the VISA calls to read / write with the HSDIO cards, you might try removing the MITE VI and see if the example works without throwing errors. Let me know how the testing goes. Thanks!

Thanks!

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
Message 3 of 5
(2,573 Views)

Hi all!

Thanks Aaron for your reply.

In fact, i have 3 PXIe 6545 devices, so now i understand why this VI didn´t work, the MITE VI does not work with them.

After posting here, I tried to remove the MITE VI, and you are right, the example worked fine, giving me a good rate too. (A very good rate for my apps, i´m happy with that).

Thank you to help me to understand it.

But... Why is not recommenced to use VISA? I thing that NI-HSDIO driver gives me all functinality I need, but it is not bad if i always have possibilities to make some low-level changes. 

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,566 Views)

MMjj,

As far as the low level VISA calls go, if you know what commands to send to the card that is fine, but we do not disclose what VISA calls you would need to make. This is not documented and we strongly recommend that you use the HSDIO driver as this takes care of all the low-level calls for you. Thanks!

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,557 Views)