LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimising XY Graph with digital display generation

Hi!

For a project I've been working on for quite some months now (and been already asking some questions here 🙂 ) I am trying to find the "best/easier/most optimized" way to visualise telemetry data into multiple XY graphs together with digital displays.

In total I have about 35 telemetry values (per devices, 4 at max) that I need to retrieve as fast as possible. Not all data go into a graph but most of them do (data like rotation speed, torque etc, have a graph each, other data like device status obviously don't.)

I have an easy solution for now, but I'm really not sure that it is very efficient and I would like to have an experienced opinion on it.

I have enclosed a dummy example vi to illustrate it.

The easy solution I found was to create a delimited sized queue per telemetry. Every time I have 1 data point (time + data value) available, I add it to the queue as a lossy element.

•  Pros
    • I can easily create an array of points for the XY graphs using Get Queue Status.vi
    • I can retrieve the data (all or part of it) easily from different access point (e.g. Display data in main screen // Save Data // Display in sec. screen etc.) at various speeds just by passing the queue reference indepedently from the acquisition time
  • Cons
    • Not sure that it is very efficient (in my example, the display queue starts overloading if I request a refresh rate faster than 75Hz just for one graph.)
    • Seems to be a lot of operations (costing processing time) to just display/save the last value enqueued 
      VinnyLaTaupe_1-1648045020651.png

The reason I have an XY Graph AND a digital display cluster, is because I find the cursor palette not practical to read/display the last data point retrieved.

For now I preferred this option mainly for the easy access point at different time and rate and a bit because it automatically creates and manages arrays for me...

But I would really like to know if you think that it is a viable option or not and how do you deal with such situation.

Thank you in advance,

Vinny.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(483 Views)