LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operation NOT canceled by user

Thanks tst,

You're right... I do not check the feedback forum enough. 

🙂

Message 11 of 20
(2,383 Views)
Hello,

Yes, but it's still a problem of course because the user definitely didn't cancel 😉

It's a CAR and needs to be addressed!

Best Regards,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
Message 12 of 20
(2,366 Views)

JLS wrote;

"

Yes, but it's still a problem of course because the user definitely didn't cancel

It's a CAR and needs to be addressed!

"

Anything that makes my sweetheart (aka LabVIEW) better is OK with me!

Thank you,

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 13 of 20
(2,360 Views)
HI,
Ive been following this post very closely, because im facing a similar problem.

I am working on Suse Linux platform (i dont have admin rights, only user rights) and i wish to convert a LV 6.1 application to LV 8.0. I am getting the same error no 43 saying operation cancelled by user althoug i did not cancel any operation.

I just wanted to know that if i am using convert build script option will labview 8 save all the VI library files (ie, error.llb, Utilites, etc). These files are definintely write protected because they are a part of the root directory, to which i dont have access. Do I need to get root access in order to convert this .bld file?

Regards,
Pavitra
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(2,263 Views)
Hello,

Are you able to try it as root, to see if there is a difference?  I don't know off the top of my head, and it could be specific to the permissions on your machine, but knowing if it works or gives the same error as root would be telling.

If you can try that and post again that would be great!

Thank you,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(2,226 Views)
Well,

Getting admin rights is tricky business for me.

However, i tried a roundabout way. I made two applications in LV 6.1. One, a file read application with a simple error handler, the other application was made without any vi.llb vi's. Next, I made build scripts for both. Thereafter i tried to convert the build script by the convert build script option in LV8.  Result - the build script which had no VI's from vi.llb was converted easily and i could run the application, but the build script which had the simple error handler i.e. a vi from the vi.llb gave the error 43, operation cancelled by the user.

I hope its safe to assume that for convert build script option we need admin rights.

Regards,
Pavitra
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(2,202 Views)
Hello,

It sounds like it requires the user to have permissions to the corresponding directory, yes.  Perhaps you won't need to get root access, but can your network admin give you permissions to the LabVIEW directory?

Just a thought, and I hope we can resolve this without much logistical trouble on your end!

Best Regards,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(2,194 Views)
This was reported to R&D (# 3Q9EHGF2) and was fixed in LabVIEW 8.2. It now returns error code 8 to indicate there is a file permission error.  Here is a link to the current evaluation software download for LabVIEW.

Thanks!
Travis H.
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
Message 18 of 20
(2,129 Views)
HI,

I know its been quite a long time. I got admin permission to use the Labview directory. but the same error message is cropping up. I guess it was unsafe to assume that admin rights are required for convert build script.

Regards,
Pavitra
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(2,092 Views)
HI,

I know its been quite a long time. I got admin permission to use the Labview directory. but the same error message is cropping up. I guess it was unsafe to assume that admin rights are required for convert build script.

Regards,
Pavitra
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(2,088 Views)