Did you mean: 

Operation NOT canceled by user

I got as far as page 35 of the LV 8 upgrade notes and read;

"

If the existing files are part of a stand-alone application, select

Tools»

Convert Build Script

to convert the application to a project. Refer..."

I did so and after a long period of time I recieved a message that indicates I canceled the operation. I did NOT.

I tried it again and got the same message.

I closed LV 8 adn re-opened and got another message indicates that LV had crashed last time is was open. It had crashed.

Any clue why LV does not want to let me convert a build script?

I can not post the code I am using due to IP issues. The application has over 500 VI's. It was last saved in LV 6.1.

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 02-12-2006 02:33 PM

Message Edited by Ben on 02-12-2006 02:33 PM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Download All
Message 1 of 20
(4,083 Views)
Just a wild guess, but does that VI that is referenced in the error message have a block diagram? I ask because LV 8 would need to recompile the VIs since you said they were saved in 6.1 and it can't do this if a VI is saved without a block diagram (or is perhaps password protected).
Message 2 of 20
(4,042 Views)

The VI mentioned in the error message was the same VI listed for both attempts.

The VI opened just fine in LV 8 when opened explicitly. The diagram was included.

Yes there was a password for that VI as was the case for many of the VI's in that application.

LV never asked me to enter a password.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 20
(4,028 Views)

Ben,

I know it's an unrelated question... but here goes>  Why are you waiting until it is safe to post again??

I will probably find the answer in some other post somewhere between the twilight zone and some multidimentional reality... or...  you could simply provide a simple answer..  😉

Message 4 of 20
(4,025 Views)

Hi Ray,

You asked "Why are you waiting until it is safe to post again??"

I changed my signature after I read and thought about that legalistic blurb that recently was added to the bottom of every screen on the exchange.

The way I read it, half of my postings are affected by that verbage in one way or another. ( Besides, with less than 200 posting left to reach the "double Enthusiast" level, I can afford to slow down and let others have their chance. Smiley Wink )

BTW:

I am still looking for a solution to my orignal post!

Ben

Message 5 of 20
(4,020 Views)

Whooooooaaaa!!!!!

What's this?????  I never saw that until now...  and here I am, providing examples left & right...

Yikes 😮 😮 😮

There is such a thing as being a double Enthusiast???  does it double your star count  😉 

😄

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 02-13-2006 12:59 PM

Message 6 of 20
(3,999 Views)
JLV, that just means you're not checking the feedback board deeply enough.

Ben, I'll say it again - that text is basically not new. The only difference is that there are links to it in all the pages. That means it was "never" "safe" to post.

tst wrote;

"

Ben, I'll say it again - that text is basically not new. The only difference is that there are links to it in all the pages. That means it was "never" "safe" to post.

"

As usual tst you are correct!

Ben
Message 8 of 20
(3,967 Views)
Hello,

Ben - I have scheduled a meeting with R&D to discuss the issue you noted in your first post to this thread.  I will post with whatever information I have on this as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(3,942 Views)

Thanks JLS,

I recieved the following from Travis M.

"

This error or one extremely similar has been reported as an issue with
importing build scripts (NI Error Report ID: 3Q9EHGF2).  It seems that an
error should be generated saying that one of your VIs is read only when it
needs to write the VI, but instead somewhere along the line its generating
error 43 (user cancel). 

"

I checked and found that the VI in question was at the bottom of my hiarchy and was indeed write protected because I had simply copied it out of source code control. Write enableing the application and all of its sub-VI's the conversion completed with no errors and duplicated my application file hiarchy rather nicely within the project explorer.

Thanks for your help!

Ben
Message 10 of 20
(3,931 Views)