LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenG "File Locate in Project" tool v1.0 released

Hello Everyone,

There is a new
OpenG tool called  "File Locate in Project" library (ogedit_file_locate_in_project) available.  This package adds a File>>Locate in Project option to the LabVIEW menu.

When you select this menu option from the menu of a VI's Front Panel or Block Diagram, the VI will be highlighted in the Project Explorer window.

See here for more info.

You can download+install this and other OpenG libraries using VI Package Manager.

Thank you,

Message Edited by Jim Kring on 09-15-2007 04:01 PM

Message 1 of 7
(3,230 Views)

Hello Jim Kring,

Thank you for a great tool.

I have been using this tool for years, and it has become one of my essential tools.

I have found a solution to the problem of sometimes missing projects when multiple project files are open simultaneously and a solution to the problem.

Problem

• Open two Projects as shown in this screenshot.
  • Open ProjectA-VI.vi in Project A.
  • Activate the Project Explorer Window of Project B
  • Return to the Project A - VI.vi window and execute Locate in Project from the File menu
     "This VI was not found in the project " error occurs.

yubeshi_1-1660715491254.png

Solution

Use "Application.Project.Owning Project" instead of "Application.Project.ActiveProject" to get a reference to Project.

yubeshi_0-1660715467522.png

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,471 Views)

@yubeshi wrote:

I have been using this tool for years, and it has become one of my essential tools.

Another option: View >> This VI In Project (Ctrl+Shift+E), which has been in LV for many years (possibly even before this tool was written, although I expect it probably would have been noticed).

(1,440 Views)

@tst wrote:

@yubeshi wrote:

Another option: View >> This VI In Project (Ctrl+Shift+E), which has been in LV for many years (possibly even before this tool was written, although I expect it probably would have been noticed).

I'm not seeing that option in LabVIEW 8.2.1, which has a copyright of 2007.  So the OpenG tool was needed at the time.

The next version I have installed is 2016, which does have the Ctrl+Shift+E option.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,435 Views)

@crossrulz さんは書きました:

@tst wrote:

@yubeshi wrote:

I'm not seeing that option in LabVIEW 8.2.1, which has a copyright of 2007.  So the OpenG tool was needed at the time.

The next version I have installed is 2016, which does have the Ctrl+Shift+E option.

I have been using LabVIEW since Version 8.6, and until today I was unaware that this feature was included as standard.

I checked, and it is implemented in LabVIEW2010. (This is the oldest version installed on my PC)

I will use the shortcut key as soon as possible!

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,420 Views)

@yubeshi wrote:

It is a very useful shortcut, but you might end up noticing that it only works in a project, and not in a library or class, unless a project is open that has that library or class in it.  I made an idea exchange item you can go vote for to add this.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Shortcut-For-This-VIs-Class-Library/idi-p/3582037

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,394 Views)

@Hooovahh さんは書きました:

@yubeshi wrote:

It is a very useful shortcut, but you might end up noticing that it only works in a project, and not in a library or class, unless a project is open that has that library or class in it.  I made an idea exchange item you can go vote for to add this.

Certainly, just opening a library or class does not seem to work.

I often use VI scripts to extend my development environment.
So I tried to see if I could modify "File Locate in Project" to work with libraries and found it is possible.

Attached is a minimal VI Snippet I wrote to verify the functionality and "File Locate in Project" that reflects this.
Please give it a try.

You should be able to use it by replacing the "File Locate in Project.llb" in the wizard in the LabVIEW installation directory.

Download All
Message 7 of 7
(1,337 Views)