LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open another vi in the main vi

Hi,

This issue have always be difficult to me undertant, hopely someone can explain this to me.

I have the main Vi which have device controlling, measuring and others tasks. Now i have tryid to open other window (vi) with this (button and event structure http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-3413). OK vi opens, but everything stops. The main window stop "runnin" and new window's controls are "not in use". I want to run and control both windows.

Thx again 🙂

-Aa-

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,238 Views)
Try making the constant going to Wait until Done false.
--
Tim Elsey
LabVIEW 2010, 2012
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,229 Views)
The example is basically how I do it, but I put in a case to skip launching the Vi if it is already running.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately, most readers of this Forum, including some real Experts, have not mastered the skill of being able to read the code that Posters fail to post. If we cannot see "what you did wrong", we are unable to tell you how to fix it. (Bob Schor 28 August 2018)
Message 3 of 4
(1,212 Views)
You may want to look at this thread for a recient similar solution.  There are two sub vis located in the thread as well and a configuration file.  As previously mentioned- you would want to modify Main.vi by changing the constant wired to Wait for Completion property for your application.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,201 Views)