From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open and run the VI using FP.Open from another VI

I would like to have LabVIEW open and run the VI when I open the second VI (number 2) from VI (number 1). I set the appropriate Execution options in File»VI Properties to make both  VI run when opened but it works only for the first vi and when I open 2.vi from another 1.vi the second vi will open but not run.Would u plz let me know how can I make the second vi run when I open it using FP.Open.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,825 Views)

Hi en99,

i do not understand what you try in your picture, but you never call the RUN method. Can you please explain what you try to do?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,815 Views)

Hi Mike

By clicking on the OK button in 1.vi I would like to close 1.vi and open and run 2.vi at the same time.It works perfect and I can close 1 and open 2 but as I said I would like 2.vi be in run mode because I don'w want to click on run icon to run 2.vi.I hope this comment be useful

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,810 Views)

plz let me know if I need to provide more information

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,795 Views)

There are several ways to start VI 2.

- use a invoke node of VI 2 which says : "run when opened"

- edit the VI properties of VI2 en set "run when opened" to TRUE

See attachment

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,788 Views)