LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open and Scan PDF file and capture screen shot

Hi guys,

I looked around the forums all I found is some example on how to load a pdf file for viewing. I would like to open a file with multiple pages. Each page will have a keyword that I would like to scan for. If there's a match, I want to capture a screen shot of that page and paste in a powerpoint slide. I would like to use activex for that. I can do the copy and paste to ppt part. my problem is finding a way using activex to open the pdf and scan for the key word and capture the page. Please help....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,278 Views)

I have managed to read and scan for the text I want but I have issues taking the screenshot of the page where the text is

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,258 Views)

You'll have to take an image of the front panel with the Acrobat Reader ActiveX container, after setting the correct page.

That might not work, some ActiveX containers don't show anything when taking the image of the VI. But worth a try. You should look at the VI.FP.Get Image method. Then optionally modify the Pixmap, for instance with Get Image Subset.vi.

Alternatively, try the Get Image method of the ActiveX control itself. It that works, it will be easier.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,228 Views)

I have made some progress. I am using AcroAPP.MenuItemExecute to "selectall" from the page and "copy" it. But somehow when I put the value for it as a string it gives an error. Does it take a numerical value like (0,1 and so on) . I have them and they didn't work either. I attached the files.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,214 Views)

Hi ritch_by_nature,

I wanted to get a little better understanding of the surrounding situation when this error is occurring. Which string value are you referencing that looks to cause this error?

Additionally, posting a full copy of the VI if possible would assist with troubleshooting as well.

Thanks!

Tyler C.
Technical Support Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,183 Views)