LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open an MS Access Data Base file from ftp Server

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to open an MS Access DataBase file from an FTP server into LabVIEW? I tried using a udl file to give the link. But I am getting an error

" Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Cannot start your application. The workgroup infromation file is missing or opened exclusively by another user. "

I am getting this error even when I am trying to test the connection(Test Connection) from the udl file. I tried opening udl files in different PCs and different database files but i am getting this same eroor. But when I am opening this file from a LAN PC it works fine. The errors comes only while accessing FTP server. Can anyone help in solving this problem..

Warm Regards,

Nitz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,525 Views)

I dont think you can access a FTP server directly like that, you'll need to download it first and open from there.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,517 Views)

Hi,

Actually I am designing an application which updates the inputs received into an MS Access DataBase in the server computer. This has to be done so that anyone can access the data base and update it from any remote location. I have seen some applications developed in LabVIEW doing the same thing, but I don't have much idea how the block diagrams are designed. I tried accessing these files from a different computer in LAN using the udl link. But not being able to do the same with the server computer. Can anyone guide me how to achieve this??

Regards,

Nitz 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,512 Views)

Basically the UDL has to work. I assume that you could access your LAN computer as a normal network share, can you somehow reach the FTP server the same way?

If you need to feed data from the outside i see a SQL server with internet access somehow (haven't tried it).

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,503 Views)

did you tried this FTP data base...?

i am also looking same task... could you tell me how to do this?

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,366 Views)